English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

this widget by www.AllBlogTools.com

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Airing out the Germs

Yesterday I was so sick with a stomach bug. Luckily, I feel much better today. I just couldn't even get out of bed yesterday, but I put my game face on at 7am and told Chris to go ahead to work since he had some meetings in the morning. I told him I'd be fine until he could get home in the early afternoon.
I was in the bathroom throwing up at 9:00 while Jake was sitting on my lap and Samantha was standing there asking "Mommy, are you throwing up?" I got on the phone right away and told Chris he had to come home right away. Luckily for all, one of our babysitter was available and wiling to come over even though I was sick. So, the kids had fun playing all day while I was in bed. Today two of our babysitters helped out so that I could get some more rest.
I am so glad that we did the babysitter search early and found some people that we really like! I think that Samantha might have been scarred by the experience. Today she keeps telling me "Mommy, when you throwed up in the bathroom....that scared me!" Poor girl! Today while the babysitters were here I washed all of our bedding, opened the windows (it's a balmy 60 degrees here today!) and sprayed down anything that looked like it could have germs on it.
Here's a few pictures of what we've been up to this week:

Drawing some pictures


Swimming at the Y


Chris thought it would be fun to give the kids a box of old business cards.
It was fun until I made him clean them up!